We enforce PonyChat Network Rules at Bronystate
Bronystate Staff reserves the right to enforce rules at their discretion
These rules are subject to change at staff discretion with or without prior notice
Code of Conduct
By using Bronystate chat you agree to these guidelines:
- Use common sense – don't act the way you wouldn't want someone else to.
- We ask that you speak English in chat.
- You must be 14 years of age or older to chat.
- Treat other users with respect. If a mod tells you to stop, stop.
- Do not not post spoilers of any kind
Subjects not to be spoiled include, but are not limited to:
- Future My Little Pony media: episodes, movies, comics, etc.
- Plot of the movies of Movie Night for those who haven't seen it
- Plot of shows on stream during the week
- Do not spam
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending every emote at once
- Pinging multiple people at once
- Sending the same message over and over
- Begging for attention
- Sending many private messages at one or more users
- Keep the chat roughly PG-13
Topics banned from discussion include, but are not limited to:
- Explicit content, including pornography, gore, shock images, screamers
- Grimdark, gory, or otherwise generally offensive fan works
- Do not advertise
- Do not post non-image links during a stream
The streamer may give permission during their stream to post links
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Youtube videos
- News articles
- Audio hosting sites
- Pages not focused on pictures
- Do not troll
- Bots or scripts of any kind not officially sanctioned by Bronystate are not permitted
Officially sanctioned bots and scripts consist of:
- Kestrel IRC Bot by Shizuka
- BerryPunch by Phase
- Staff client scripts
- Do not attempt to evade any ban given to you
By breaking a rule you accept that you will be warned, kicked and/or banned from chat.
Know the difference between a kick and a ban
When you are kicked, your client will print a message stating you were kicked, with a reason (in parentheses).
When you are banned, the kick message will say so, and you will be unable to join chat until the ban is lifted.
You must appeal a ban in order for it to be lifted.
WARNING: Attempting to evade your ban by any means revokes your right to appeal.
Appeals should be sent to [email protected] with the subject Ban Appeal. You must include:
- Your nick
- The reason for your ban
- Approximate date you were banned
- Reason why we should unban you
Appeals will be posted publicly on the site.
Bronystate Staff will evaluate your appeal and make a decision whether or not the ban will be lifted.
You may continue to appeal a ban if your first attempt is rejected.
Brony Movie Night and the Lottery
Movie Nights are held every Friday at 7pm Eastern Time and Saturday at 2pm Eastern Time, and consist of two movies and two episodes of My Little Pony, chosen by our users.
Each week, we send out a lottery form you can use to cast your vote. The form consists of your:
- IRC nickname (so we can tell who won!)
- One vote for a movie (make it a good one!)
- A link to find the movie (if it's particularly obscure)
- One vote for a pony episode (find your favorite!)
Then, alternating each week's Friday and Saturday, we randomly choose from the list of votes what will be shown on the following week's Movie Night. However, before we do so, the staff looks over the list to disqualify certain entries, by the following criteria:
- Movies are eligible for voting one year after their theatrical release
- Movies must wait six months before being eligible for Movie Night again
- Users must wait four weeks before they may win another movie or episode, whichever they won previously
- Movies shown three times are entered into the Bronystate Vault, ineligible for airing except on special occasion
- Movies earning extraordinarily terrible chat reception may be classified Worst Movie Clause, ineligible to air ever again
- Movies that do not meet the community's standards may be disqualified at staff discretion
NOTE: In the event your movie is disqualified by staff, we will make an attempt to contact you via IRC for an alternate, within a reasonable period of time. If you cannot be reached, we will choose another winner, or potentially pick a movie ourselves.